Read Ezra 3
- What was the first thing Jeshua, the High Priest and Zerubbabel, the governor did as they reentered Jerusalem before rebuilding the temple? Ezra 3:2
- These were people who had been held in captivity in Babylon for 70 years, many would have been born in captivity. Based upon that understanding, how do you view Ezra 3:3?
“Despite their fears…”
- List the two things the people did in Ezra 3:3.
- Share at least two things have you been called to do, despite your fears?
- What feast did they celebrate upon their return? Ezra 3:4
We will be looking at this feast in depth in the next section of this lesson.
- What was used as payment for the work and lumber for the temple? Ezra 3:7
- What month did they begin work on the temple? Ezra 3:8
What month did they arrive? Ezra 3:1
- Who was appointed to supervise the building and how old were they? Ezra 3:8-9
- What occurred once the foundation was laid? Ezra 3:10-13
- Compare the responses of the older priests and the people, when they saw the foundation. Ezra 3:12
- Describe a time that you were both gloriously joyful and full of sorrow at the same time?
Blessings to you all, as we study the Word of God together. Praise the Lord, that His Word does not return void, but accomplishes all that it was sent out to do. May it be so, in our lives Lord Jesus.